The Garmin G5 system panel upgrade is one of the most common upgrades Sparkchasers Aircraft Services performs. The all-electronic flight instrument system delivers outstanding performance and reliability for pilots. It is an excellent replacement for attitude and/or directional gyros in the type-certificated fixed-wing aircraft.
How Does a G5 Avionics Upgrade Benefit Pilots?
Upgrading to the Garmin G5 electronic flight instrument offers various benefits pilots are sure to appreciate. These are just a few of the highlights to consider.
- The Garmin G5 electronic flight instrument system replaces traditional electromechanical instruments and can be configured in AI, DG/HSI, and turn coordinator positions.
- It brings a modern “glass cockpit” reference to craft that currently depend on older, vacuum-driven equipment.
- Enables the removal of vacuum systems from the airplane (in many cases).
- Bright 3.5” LCD color displays that are readable in the sunlight and sized to fit standard 3-1/8” instrument cutouts.
- Valid for VFR and IFR flight.
- Comes with a four-hour backup battery as standard features.
- Offers easy-to-read basic information such as airspeed, attitude, ground speed, slip skid indicator, and altimeter.
As you can see, there is plenty to appreciate about upgrading to the Garmin G5 electronic flight instrument system, which is why it is so popular with Sparkchasers customers.
Two G5s Are Better than One
If you need a little more to love about the Garmin G5, consider installing dual G5 displays in your panel. Not only do you gain dedicated instruments for attitude reference and directional gyro and HSI guidance, but you also get the advantage of backup redundancy thanks to dual ADAHRS and reversionary display capability.
The redundancy aspect is no small thing and can provide enormous inflight benefits to pilots. Combine it with the fact that the LCD display screen is easy to read, even in bright sunny conditions, and you have even more reasons to consider a dual upgrade rather than a single system.
G5 Avionics Upgrades at Sparkchasers
Sparkchasers has been helping pilots of all stripes with avionics upgrades since 1989. We have won many awards during that time, and while helping planes fly smarter, pilots fly safer and improving the quality of flight for all parties involved.
Our team brings a combined 75 years of experience to the table when it comes to meeting the needs of your aircraft. Our goal is to offer maximum capability and value for minimum downtime, expense, and paperwork.
We work with a wide range of installation configurations for single or dual displays to help you fly more comfortably at every turn. Choose Sparkchasers for your Garmin G5 upgrade and enjoy the Garmin warranty and support from our expert team.
Call Sparkchasers Aircraft Services at 919-934-1654 to learn more about the Garmin G5 and other ways we can help you upgrade your aircraft and your flight experience.